Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Fit2cook4Kids: Broad Rock Middle School

I am excited to be back at Fit2cook4Kids for a second week of camp!


The next two weeks of camp are being held at Broad Rock Middle School in Wakefield. The campers at Broad Rock are so eager to learn. They already seem like pro's! I was greeted warmly by some of the thoughtful campers. They decorated a cup for me and filled it with their freshly made strawberry water. What a treat!

Today when I arrived they were creating my FAVORITE sushi and spring roll recipes. They did a phenomenal job preparing the sushi rolls. The campers even gave me a lesson in rolling sushi. I have to say, mine didn't look nearly as tasty and their creations. I'm going to have to practice my sushi chef skills!

After lunch was prepared, we took a walk through the South Kingstown Community Garden to take a look at all of the local produce growing right on the school campus! The campers were surprised to see the variety of local produce grown right in their town.

After lunch and a challenging game of Tea Time, a banker from People's Credit Union came in to teach the participants financial literacy. They learned about debit and credit cards, certificates of deposit, savings and checking accounts and the difference between banks and credit unions.

While the campers were in Yoga with Jessica, Ryan and I shot some footage at Narragansett Beach down the street. Stay tuned for some videos about Fit2cook4Kids and my involvement as Miss Rhode Island! In the meantime, here is a screen shot from the interview!
You can see more of what we're doing at Fit2cook4Kids, by checking out the videos that have been made of camp in session.



Stay healthy and happy,

Kelsey Fournier, Miss RI 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment