Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Thank You for an Unforgettable Summer!

Dear Fit2cook4Kids Campers and Staff,

WOW! I can't believe it is already September and time to head back to school, or in my case start my new job! It feels like last week we were at our first camp session in Greenville, ready for an exciting summer! I can't wait to hear how much all of you are enjoying the new school year. I hope you are sharing all of your healthy tips with your classmates and families.

This summer has truly been an unforgettable experience for so many reasons. I've learned so much from each and every camper and staff member. Each person brings something unique to the table. I am so impressed with the work ethic and maturity you all possess. It excites me to see so many students passionate about their health and fitness. This also reassures me that we really can change our younger generation and create this kind of excitement throughout our country.

Karen, thank you for inviting me into the Fit2cook4Kids family with open arms. I couldn't have found a better program to partner up with during my year of service. You have taught me so much about children's wellness, the Miss Rhode Island experience and about life. I am grateful for everything you have done for me to help me along the "Rhode" to Miss America.

I can't wait to continue working to prevent childhood obesity within the schools this year. If my new friends are anything like my camp friends, I know it is going to be an exciting school year! I hope you find your new healthy skills helpful and continue to use them at home and promote them within your schools. You are the healthy ambassadors of your generation!

Thank you for an AMAZING summer! I can't wait to hear about all of your successes. I will be bringing all of you with me in spirit on the Miss America stage in January.

Be Healthy and Happy,

Kelsey Fournier
Miss Rhode Island 2012






No comments:

Post a Comment